“Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
There is more to mindfulness than sitting still indoors. We can take our cushions and our practice of mindfulness into the outdoors too. Being in nature can be a powerful response to meet the stresses and strains of modern living.
When we bring mindfulness with us, we can deepen our connection with our selves and our more than human world. And the science agrees! Recent reviews of research show that practising mindfulness outdoors in nature may lead to even more positive gains for us than traditional means of practising mindfulness.
You can book in to an organised monthly group walk or get in touch if would like to book a mindful outdoor experience for your group or team.
Being out in nature has offered me solace, connection, perspective and place over the years. I’ve taken many retreats in the wilds with wise teachers who have shared with me the gifts of living and being in nature in mindful ways. I love to share this extension of mindfulness training having completed my certification in Mindful Outdoor Guiding with Kripalu School of Mindful Outdoor Leadership.
A mindful outdoor experience involves a sequence of guided mindfulness practices
- orienting to the story of the physical environment
- moving gently to warm up the body
- breathing and centering activities
- mindful walking
- nature-based meditation
- sharing our experiences of being in the more-than-human world
Being in nature with mindfulness
- boosts our immune system
- lifts moods and reduces stress, anxiety and irritability
- lowers blood pressure
- improves concentration
- helps us to sleep better
- strengthens mind-body-heart connection
- reduces our habit of mind-wandering
- allows us to remain in the present rather than losing concentration or becoming overwhelmed by emotion
- increases clarity of mind, creativity and flexibility of thinking
- improves emotional stability
- increases our sense of purpose, space and perspective
- allow us to more effectively connect with nature
Join us on this series of Mindfulness in Nature walks. From 10 am to 1pm, we will wander in the woodlands of Westmeath, enjoy some forest-bathing together as we savour with our senses and practice gentle mindful movement in a safe circle as we reflect on our connections with what really matters.
Advance Booking and completion of a registration form is required to attend.
€25 per morning and €60 for 3 session block
Please refer to Terms & Conditions for Mindfulness Outdoors practice. In the event of cancellations of courses/workshops by Discovering Mindfulness, all money paid will be refunded.
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts” – Rachel Carson
Sunday 26 September
Sunday 24 October
Sunday 28 November
What Clients Have to Say
A really enjoyable morning of NOURISHMENT
A total treat
A wonderful morning